Tuesday 20 July 2010

28) Meeting with Lawrence

On Wednesday I showed Lawrence my photographs for some feedback. It was really interesting to see how someone 'who knows about photography' interpreted the images. I printed each photograph on A4 and printed the individual's stories and words to go with each image.

Lawrence seemed to like the photographs but what was interesting was the relationship he quickly identified between the images and their text. In each case he pulled out significant words that directly related to the image of the hands. It is amazing how obvious it was to a fresh pair of eyes.


Tower block


Follow my faith


Ups and downs


Four years restoring furniture


The words are so powerful against the images, together they almost say more than the paragraphs of text.

At this stage I need to arrange another meeting with the charity to identify the most appropriate direction for the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment